Sunday, August 30, 2009

Podcast

What is a podcast? That's what I need to ask myself. This is honestly my first time becoming aware of the many podcast. I am still confused about the whole podcast. It appears to be just radio announcer discussing technology I am totally unaware of.

The Smart Board Lesson "Year End Ideas for Classrooms and Schools " was two people discussing their daily lives. Its took them about nine minutes to discuss what they were pod casting. The audio in the beginning was not good. It took several minutes before it was adjusted. This podcast left me confused. Their concept was not relayed in the first couple minutes.

KidCast "Pod casting in the Classroom" was the most professional of all the podcast. This podcast was setup as a mini conference. Dan discussed the different microphone the unidirectional microphone and omini microphone. He also discussed how podcast can be used as an educational tool in the classroom. I learned that Web 2.0 has allowed us all to become producers via the web by blogging, flicker, facebook, pictures and bandwidth to support sound.

Connect Learning Podcast "Academic Aesthetic was very short. The pod caster just blogged about things he felt was important. He talked about going out of town, being at his father in law house, and a science fiction book. Ed Techtalk was very clear. It went into detail about google doc. Google docs has templates that have been requested by a lot of user, just not by me. The templates can be shared with the entire world or just within the school. The hidden templates has resume and lesson plans. Mac Break Weekly was two people that were intrigue with Macintosh and all it had to offer. They discussed skype, myfi, and twitter. I can barely keep up with all this technology. The last podcast This Week in Photography was a discussing about a camera. Just when I thought it could not get any better.

I have come to the conclusion that a podcast can be about anything you want to talk about. I am sure if you think it you can certainly podcast about it. This technology will be a great tool in the classroom. The kids can podcast about their lessons and teach others. This will truly be an educational tool that I would like to incorporate in my classroom one day.

1 comment:

  1. Hey good job on this blog, it sounds like me and you are both learners in this podcasting world.

    ReplyDelete