Sunday, September 13, 2009

Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today

This video did a great job capturing today's student. Today's college student use technology everyday. They are texting, emailing, or surfing the web. Their cell phones are on the desk and constantly being checked for the missed call or that next text message. The labtop are use to stay connected to facebook.

I have purchased books that were never used or referenced to in class. I have to admitt I will spend more time emailing and texting than preparing for class. Facebook is my material of choice as of now. I find it to be more informative than any textbook I have ever purchased for a hundred dollars or more.

I have being in class to have the person next to me only show up for the exam. I could never understand the reason for that. But I susppose it works for some not all. I would like to know what's the secret.

The student debt I can totally sympatize. I sometimes wonder will I die before this debt is paid off. I really don't want to know the answer that.

I would like to know how many are part of fraternity or sorority. It could provide the number of drinks that a college student consumes a week. The number of hours that an average college student spends partying. I would like to know how many have gotten spending tickets and DUI tickets. What's the number of students that drive while texting.

No comments:

Post a Comment