Sunday, September 6, 2009

Next Generation Learning

The delivery of this video was great. The 6th grader was right I never had a computer in my classroom. The are equipped with so much technology. They have interactive chalk board, that acts as a computer. That was a neat tool to be used in the classroom. The classes also have digital camera that kids use to do produce project. I can have imagined in the sixth grade producing a project using a digital camera.
I really liked the technology that helps kids participate in the classroom without actually being called on. I was that shy kid that sat in the back class and prayed that the teacher never called my name. With this technology even the shyest kid can participate in group discussing and give answer to questions.
The downloading and uploading of homework was neat. I forgot to do it or the dog it, can no longer be use in the classroom. Even if a child is out sick, they are able to keep up with all of their assignments from home. And its easier to grade for the teacher.
I believe that all schools should make technology their number one priority. Technology is changing the lives of kids. Its making them want to learn. They are playing the Wii. The Wii trains their brain to think and it also provides a workout for their body. They are getting a two for one deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment