Sunday, September 20, 2009

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

I really enjoyed watching video. Dr. Pausch showed great dedication and passion for everything he did in life He never lost his childlike spirit even when facing a terminal illness. He set goals in life and in weird way was able to satisfy each one of those goals. His challenges became brick walls that he did not allow to defeat him. "Brick wall were there to stop people who don't want it badly enough." Dr. Pausch went through all of his brick wall with success.


Dr. Pausch discuss enabling the childhood dreams. This is an important lesson, I think as an future educator my job will be to enable the dreams of my students. I would encourage them that their dreams are obtainable. Dreams allow us to think the unimaginable and to go where no man has gone before. They can determine our outcome in life. As kids, we all have dreamed of one day becoming the greatest football player, dancer, teacher, or actor. We should never stop dreaming of becoming the best at we do. My job will be to nurture the dreams of my students. Let them explore and grow. Dream the unthinkable, look past of what is in front of you. Make your dreams become a reality.

The head fake technique was an excellent learning tool. It allows the students to have fun while learning. The student are engaging in fun activity but at the same time learning something that's difficult. They are being psych into learning. The students are being provided with hands on experience. Pausch said "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you want." The students are gaining valuable experience with a twist. The are completely unaware of the learning experience. This should be applied to all subjects in school.

Randy Pausch says never to give up. He certainly never gave up on life. He keep going until the very end. Students should never give up no matter what the circumstances. As a future educator, I want my students to always give their best. Never let the brick wall stand in the your way. It should be viewed as motivation. Find ways to go around it or go through it. Dr. Pausch say "don't complain just work harder." Hard work always pays off in the end.

2 comments:

  1. I posted on here earlier but it did not list it, so here I go again. I agree with your post and enjoyed this video as well. My mom told me about his book, being on the New York Times best sellers list. She intends on lending it to me as soon as she is done. I will let you know how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that teachers should be helping students enable their dreams. We as future teachers need to be ready to this.

    ReplyDelete