Sunday, November 15, 2009

Teacher's Desk

skype
facebook
twitter
I really enjoyed this blog. It reminds me of a certain class, EDM 310. Yeah thats what this blog brings to mind. A collaborative blog such as this one is very important for present educators as well future educators. The blog on twitter was very interesting. The teacher posted a simple question about probability and got a response back from several educators. The information that was given had to be helpful given the sources. Twitter has become a new passion of mine. I absolutely, positively, love my twitter. I will certainly use this to my advantage when I enter the world of teaching. What a helpful tool to have at my finger tips. Just to think that I am not alone. When I need clarity on differnet subjects, why not post it on twitter.

The skping between classroom was exciting to read about. Two classrooms from different parts of the world were able to connect via skpe. The students were able to gain insight on other students approaches to education. What an excellent way to learn. Only if this was available lets say twenty years ago. That would have made for an interesting classroom assignment.

Teachers sharing their ideas and innovative ways of teaching can certainly help me in the future. As a teacher, you can gain insight and knowledge on other subjects. You can learn ways to present them to your class. Engage the students in interactive learning. I will certainly be returning to The Teacher's Desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment