Sunday, October 4, 2009

IPods

apple ipod



I thought iPods were used for downloading music. But then again, I have been wrong before. You can also use your iPod as a hard disk to store files, back up your work, or transfer files from one computer to another. iPod is simply a tiny storage device with a screen, audio hardware, and a special case. Standard iPods use miniature hard drives, while iPod shuffles use memory chips. Both are as good at storing data as they are at storing music



Teachers are now using iPod's in place of traditional cassette or CD listening centers.I don't even know if they still make cassettes players and in about another years Cd's will be obsolete as well. You can easily record your own voice reading the stories in digital audio format therefore any book can become a part of your iPod listening center.

http://www.pre-kpages.com/ipods.html



Duke University gave each of its 1,650 incoming freshmen a free iPod in fall 04 as part of an initiative to foster innovative uses of technology in the classroom. My school never gave a free pencil, book, paper, or anything. South its time to play catchup. Ipods are now being used inside the classroom. The device can store up to 10,000 songs on their hard drive. That's more CDs than I can every possible think about owning. I not sure if I could find that many song to download.


Students were able to use the device to download course content, record lectures, foreign language lessons, audio books will be able to use the devices to download course content, foreign language lessons, and audio books . I need to get me one of these things. I did not know it could do all of this. It would make my learning experience so much better.



Other sites that are helpful with the ipod usage are as follow:

http://www.uberreview.com/toptenipoduses.html

http://kottke.org/plus/50-ways-ipod/

No comments:

Post a Comment