Sunday, October 11, 2009

Networked Student

I am that networked student. I am still in the process of developing my PLN. I am navigating my way through all these different sites. I learning about blogging, podcasting, itunes, and other sites. Learning has truly changes compared to 10 years ago. My computer class ten years ago required a book and a floppy disc. There was no skpe, google, itunes, podcast, and there were certainly no internet to search.

I have a lot of learning ahead of me. I am not prepared to be a teacher of a networked student. I can barely keep up with my EDM 310 class. I am learning something new every week. Somebody please enlighten me on Skpe, Delicious, and wiki. My brain is in technology overload. There is no book required for this class, you would think that would make it easy. Yeah right. There is more to learn without a book. The web has more info than any book can ever capture. I would rather read a book. The learning never stops.

I must admit, this class is preparing me to teach that future networked student. I have become aware of many things from this class. I will be able to guide my students as they retrieve various information from the web. They will be able to differentiate what's a reliable source. This will allow them build on their learning process. They will make contacts with various people around world that will be useful to them for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your post. It's been difficult to keep up with this class and I would for sure rather be learning from a book than trying to keep up with technology.

    ReplyDelete