Sunday, October 11, 2009

New Media Literacies

New Media Literacies skills are needed by everyone. These skills are certainly used are on daily basis in every faucet of life. The video is applying using these skills in regards to technology. Trans media navigation, simulation, judgement, and visualization are certainly used for technology. Navigating the internet is certainly a new skill for the 21st century. These are certainly skills that we all have acquired within the last 10 years. The simulation and visualzataion skills are certainly skills that are should be applied to new media literacies skills. We are learning them as we navigate the web.

Judgement skills should be used by everyone. Even though at times, some people tend not to exercises their best judgement. I certainly feel that this is not a new skill for the 21st century. I do not possess all of these skills. Ask me to negotiate. I have never being a good negotiator. And I am not trying to learn. I am mother and a student. Therefore, I am always multitasking.

I am positive that I will acquire these skills as I have a need for them. As a future educator, I know I will be using all of these skills. I will be performing in front of a classroom and use judgement everyday. I will negotiates with students so that they strive for excellence. There will be games that I will certainly love to play. No, doubt I will be multitasking on everyday. That's what teachers do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment