Sunday, October 11, 2009

This is How We Dream Parts 1 and 2

Richard Miller says writing in the culture has changed. And that we are living in the greatest change in human communication. I can certainly agree with that. The internet definitely changed the research process. Richard Miller stated that you can conduct research without ever stepping inside of a library. The information is available via the world wide web. Does the library still exist? Will tomorrow students every meet the local librarian? I think not. Like Miller stated pencil, paper, library have certainly being replaced with laptop and the desktop. Research can be conducted from any library in the world.

The old method of research has faded away with technology. What ever happened to checking out books, clipping newspaper articles, the microfiche machine. That machine took forever to look up magazine and newspaper articles. Technology is truly heaven sent.

I am new to this multimedia writing process. I will be honest and say I am not prepared to write in multimedia as of today. There is so much to learn. You can add video and sound to documents. Let me just type the document. I will try to add video and sound later.

Today's students are so technology literate that I know for fact that they will probably have this mastered. I will be learning from them. I try to stay ahead of this tech thing but I know there are things that still elude me. I would love to apply multimedia in the classroom. Being that it can be a collaborative project, the students can engage in working with students around the world. This will truly be an excellent learning tool in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment